Carpenter / Woodworker
1994 to Present
– Accumulated 8 years experience in construction, renovation and woodworking on a number of projects for Shell Construction, VI Modular and other customers.
– Designed and built a summer home in the Cowichan Valley. Performed all aspects of construction including foundations, framing, roofing, siding, flooring, windows and finishing.
– Did the interior trim work for a luxury home.
– Experience with decks, stairs, fences, gutters, plumbing, electrical, cabins, garden buildings, interior finishing, renovations, fine woodworking and operating a woodworking and carpentry / handyman business.
– Ran a business making Greenland kayak paddles. Made 150 high quality laminated wooden paddles.
Sea Kayak Guide
North Island Kayak and others
2007 to 2017
Worked seasonally as a sea kayak guide responsible for all aspects of guiding guests on wilderness kayak trips.
Provincial Government of BC
1994 to 2012
Worked for several Ministries in the BC Provincial Government designing, developing and supporting Oracle database systems.
2012 to 2012
Mount Royal College
1986 to 1988
BSc in Environmental Science
University of Guelph
1975 to 1979
I am interested in contract work in carpentry and home renovations. I have a truck, trailer and a complete set of carpentry tools.